- ABC CASTING...Casting for ABC reality shows.
- ACADEMY PLAYERS...Auditions for the local theatre group, Academy Players of East Greenwich. Many of their performances are musicals so they often need dancers.
- ANSWERS 4 DANCERS.COM...National dance audition website hosted by choreographer Grover Dale and primarily for theatrical style dance including music videos and back up dancers to musical groups. There is a fee of $8.33 a month for full access. This website also gives information (available to non-members) from choreographers on numerous dance and audition issues.
New York and LA (separate section) auditions for theatre, movies, commercials, and music videos. The website includes a section for performers' resumes and photos.
- BOSTON CASTING...
Boston auditions for theatre, movies, commercials, music videos, voice overs and print. They also offer internships to people interested in the casting business.
- BOSTON DANCE ALLIANCE...
Boston auditions. Application Deadlines (such as performance opportunities and open calls). Auditions (for dance companies local and abroad). A place where you can submit your audition (via online form)
- CAREER FILM...Casting and Crew Jobs
- CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES...Closest auditions are at the New England Conservatory, Massachusetts March 7th and 8th, 2006
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL...Holds invitation-only auditions around the world. They need dancers trained in ethnic/modern, contemporary and/or jazz dance/classical/acrobatics and dancers able to improvise and/or with unique or sensual styles. They are looking for many other kinds of movement performers and musicians including clowns, gymnastics and specialty acts. See the Dancer information page and Immediate & Year Round Positions. You send them a video and wait...
Posted 09Apr03/updated 02Dec04
- CP CASTING...
537 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
C.P. Casting is a Casting Company, and any actors who wish to be considered for any projects we are currently casting are encouraged to send us a picture (or two) with a resume on the back (securely attached!) We are not a talent agent or a modeling agency, we don't charge actors any fees, because we don't represent actors or seek out work for them. We are hired and paid by production companies, studios, advertising agencies, etc. to set up audition sessions. Sign up on the website for their email notification system.
- THE DAILY CALL...
TheDailyCall, the worlds 1st wireless casting & entertainment job alert service, covers 40 cities in the US (including all the major entertainment centers). Subscribers receive up-to-the-minute casting, audition and entertainment job information all to their wireless mobile device or email. Monthly fee.
- DANCE ACTION NETWORK
Dance Action Network was started in April of 2001 for the purpose of bringing the Boston area dance community together to share information. It is a community network of choreographers, performers, teachers, media and cultural leaders and others interested in the well being of Dance in Boston. Members can post performance announcements, teaching and performing opportunities, political actions and other items of interest to those involved in dance in the greater Boston area. Many Massachusetts job and audition announcements go out over this email. RiDance posts some of them, but many are last minute. To subscribe to the listserve, email email@example.com with the word 'subscribe' in the subject line and your name in the message field.
- DECADANCE...Holds auditions annually. Decadance is a social dance performance group which performs in the San Francisco bay area that strives to make traditional couple-dancing less traditional. Their purpose is to be interesting and inspirational for all types of audiences.
Their dance experience includes competitive ballroom dancing, ballet, modern, hip-hop and more, and other performance experiences range from martial arts to musical theater to synchronized swimming. Their varied backgrounds help us to innovate, hybridize, and expand the boundaries of social dance.
- DISNEY AUDITIONS...Beautiful front page, but poorly organized audition page for Walt Disney Entertainment including musicals and overseas. Audition hotline for specific details at 407-397-3299, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., except holidays.
- FESTIVAL BALLET PROVIDENCE...2005 Auditions for the professional company take place during Company Class. For more information email Mark Fleisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FireFlyDance, a New York City based company which performs, teaches
and organizes aerial dance, circus art and fire manipulation is holding
auditions for 2005 trainees positions with the company. Talented, inspired,
creative artists are sought from a variety of circus and dance mediums. Must
have strong tumbling and balancing skills. Pilates training is a plus. Possible
pay, commensurate with experience and skill level. See website for upcoming auditions.
Format of Auditions:
Participants will perform choreographed and improvisational sequences in
groups, duo and solo.
Artists selected from the first auditions may be asked return over the weekend
to do any of the following: present a choreographed routine, learn group or
individual choreography, vocal exercises or character acting.
Artists interested in auditioning should e-mail Sarah Kennedy at
email@example.com with the following information:
-City of Residence
-Description of relevant skills, training and experience
If you are unable to attend but would still like an opportunity to audition,
please contact Sarah Kennedy as detailed above, and she will try to make
alternate arrangements with you. E-Mail is preferred.
We look forward to flying with you!
- FRAMINGHAM COMMUNITY THEATER...Turenne Auditorium~
Framingham Civic League/214 Concord St (Rte 126)/ Framingham, MA 01702. Upcoming auditions are posted on their website. Phone 508-875-5218
- GRANITE THEATRE...The Granite Theatre is a restored Greek Revival Church in downtown Westerly, Rhode Island. Year round, the Granite Theatre stages plays, musicals, and cabaret acts. Upcoming auditions are posted on their website. Phone 401-596-2341
- IMPULSE DANCE COMPANY...Well known modern dance company company based in Boston. Originally founded by famed Alvin Ailey dancer, Consuelo Atlas, and now run by Adrienne Hawkins. Auditions are by company class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-536-7696.
- JACOB'S PILLOW...Looking for professional-track dancers from across the nation
The School at Jacob's Pillow offers intensive training programs to deepen the artistic and
technical insight of advanced-level students, performers, teachers, and
choreographers. In classes taught by award-winning, internationally-recognized faculty, dancers receive unparalleled training and inspiration through exposure to the world-class events that comprise Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival.
NEW YORK AUDITIONS 2005
The School at Jacob's Pillow will hold auditions in New York City on March 6
and April 2-3, 2005. On Sunday, March 6, at The Juilliard School, dancers audition
for the Contemporary Traditions and Jazz programs. On Saturday, April 2, at
New York City Center, dancers audition for Ballet. On Sunday, April 3, at
New York City Center, auditions take place for Contemporary Traditions and
Cultural Traditions: In the Presence of Hip-Hop.
At The Juilliard School on Sunday, March 6, registration for the
Contemporary Traditions audition begins at 9am; the class runs from 10:00am
to 12:00pm. Registration for the Jazz audition begins at 1:30pm; the class
runs from 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
At New York City Center on Saturday, April 2, registration for the Ballet
audition begins at 4:00pm; the class runs from 5:00 to 7:00pm. On Sunday,
April 3, registration for the Contemporary Traditions audition begins at
9:00am; the class runs from 10:00 to 12:00pm. Registration for the Cultural
Traditions audition begins at 1:30pm; the class runs from 2:30 to 4:30pm.
These auditions are the only opportunity for ballet, contemporary, jazz, and
hip-hop dancers nationwide to audition for The School in a class tailored to
their particular techniques. Applicants must arrive in time to register and
warm-up before audition classes begin, and a $10 class fee is required.
The Juilliard School is located at 60 Lincoln Center Plaza. For
information, go to www.juilliard.edu/about/directions.html.
New York City Center is located at 130 West 56th Street, 5th Floor. For
information, go to www.nycitycenter.org/about/info.cfm. For all other
inquiries, please call 413.243.9919 or visit www.jacobspillow.org.
Dancers interested in applying to The School at Jacob's Pillow are strongly
encouraged to attend these auditions. Those unable to attend, or those
interested in The School's Choreographers' Lab program, should contact
Jacob's Pillow at 413.243.9919 or visit www.jacobspillow.org for video
application requirements. From January until April 2005, The School at
Jacob's Pillow auditions dancers in Miami, San Francisco, Columbus, and New
York, as well as four international locations. The Program Directors
assembled for 2005 include Anna-Marie Holmes, Russian ballet authority;
Rennie Harris, hip-hop master; Milton Myers, expert in contemporary
traditions; Chet Walker, Broadway jazz veteran; choreographer Susan
Marshall; and critic/scholar Suzanne Carbonneau.
Students needing financial assistance may apply for scholarship support from
Jacob's Pillow. The Fund for Jacob's Pillow School Endowment and annual
contributions from individuals enable The School to attract dancers of the
highest caliber from around the world, regardless of their financial
In the Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Legendary dancer, teacher, and choreographer Ted Shawn founded the Festival as a showcase for his company of Men Dancers and as a home for
dance in the U.S. Jacob's Pillow now encompasses an acclaimed international Festival (the
first and longest-running in the U.S.), a professional School, rare and
extensive Archives open to the public free of charge, an Intern Program, and
year-round Community Programs. The historic site includes 161 acres, 31
buildings, three unique stages (including the first theatre in the U.S.
built specifically for dance), three dance studios, exhibition spaces,
restaurants, the Pillow Store, residential housing, administrative offices,
a health center, gardens, trails and woodlands. The Pillow presents international dance in all forms, styles and traditions, and approximately 200 free events each season, including performances, lectures, tours, film showings, exhibits, and talks with artists from all
over the world, which yield approximately 80,000 visitor experiences
annually. In 2003, Jacob's Pillow was declared a National Historic Landmark by the
federal government. It is the first and only dance entity in the U.S. to
achieve this honor.
- JEAN ANN RYAN PRODUCTIONS...hires for cruise lines. Has many auditions and will take a video submission. They are looking for all kinds of performers including dancers, acrobats and speciality acts.
Way too much flash on this website. If you see a 'skip intro' announcement, click on it. Jean Ann Ryan Productions
308 SE 14th Street/ Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Casting 954-523-6399 ext. 25
- ALONZO KING'S LINES BALLET...An incredibly exciting contemporary ballet company. Ballet dancers of all body types and races are welcomed. All Applicants should submit a video doing solo or duet work (women on pointe), photo, and resume. Incomplete application materials will be immediately discarded. Contact Ballet Master Arturo Fernandez at email@example.com or 415.863.3040 ext 241.
- MYSTIC BALLET...Mystic Ballet is a performing company comprised of professional dancers and young local talents, who have the opportunity to grow as artists, by performing and studying dance on a scholarship basis. Now in its 9th season, Mystic Ballet is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new, innovative works. Performances are regularly held at Foxwoods Resort Casino, The Garde Arts Center Theatre, Dealey Theatre, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, Mashantucket Pequot Center Auditorium, Connecticut College as well as in local public school theaters. Auditions for professionals are held in selected company class, and auditions for scholarship students are held once a year in the summer.
- NATIONAL BALLET OF CANADA...NBC accepts dancers from all over into their highly competitive Apprentice program, but only a few non-Canadians make it into their company. (Providence native Greta Hodgkinson is one of the few.)
Audition information is osted on their website.
Auditions Hotline at 416-345-9686, ext 6075
- MARK MORRIS DANCE COMPANY POSITIONS...If you really have the balls, the talent and technique through the roof, try out for MMDC, one of the top U.S. modern dance companies. posted 06July06
- METROPOLITAN OPERA...Audition annoucements for ballet dancers at the Met. posted 21Jan076
- LDI CASTING...The only casting agency in Rhode Island primarily for actors and models. Occasional auditions are listed. LDI also sub-specializes in historical performance work.
- NEW ENGLAND ENTERTAINMENT DIGEST...Lists auditions in the New England area by state. Primarily acting and modeling jobs, but some musical theatre work.
- PLAYBILL...Casting and job listings.
- PATRIOTS WEBSITE...cheerleader auditions announced here. Posted 24 May03/updated 02Dec04
- RAINBOW TRIBE... Boston-based inclusive contemporary jazz dance company delivers fiercely intense, high-octane performances throughout the East Coast. Auditions are usually once a year in September. Check website (Events and FAQS) for audition information. Posted 09Sep05
- RANDY JAMES DANCE WORKS... modern dance company based in New York City sometimes needs dancers and understudies. No open auditions, you must take class with the company. Check website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-247-2653. Posted 04Jul03/updated 08Sep03
Dancers must be trained in Irish Step Dance Commisiun or Comdhail style and must be at least 16 years of age. Their dancing must be at championship level -
preferably having recalled and/or placed at world level. Send a CV listing all or most recent dancing achievements and any other stage experience you may have.
Send To: Irish Dance Co-coordinator, 23 Little Mary Street Dublin 7, Ireland
(Posted 26Oct03/updated 02Dec04)
- ROCKETTES AUDITION...Auditions for the New York edition of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular appearing on the great stage at Radio City Music Hall usually occur in August of each year in New York City only. Auditions for the CAA productions of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, which performs across the US, usually occur in April and May of each year. All performers must be 18 years of age (by August of current year) to be considered for Rockettes or dancer positions. Rockettes must be proficient in tap and jazz. Other dancers must be proficient in jazz and ballet. You must be a US citizen or be legally able to work in the US to be considered for casting. There are also positions for Little People (acting,movement) and children (dance & voice).
Rockettes get some great benefits. They are reimbursed for all performance training including dance, acting and vocal lessons. College tuition is covered during the nine work months.
Check website or Audition hotline 212-485-7399 (usually has the information in the Fall) .
http://www.bwydance.com/workshops/rockette.shtml...Rockette Master class followed by discussion of audition process and a mock auditions. 2005 dates are online.
http://www.utexas.edu/cofa/theatre/rockettesummer.html...University of Texas Rockette Master class and summer intensive (June 12-18, 2005)
Other intensives are held in Alabama and California.
Posted 18Sep03/Updated 02Dec04
- SAN FRANCISCO AUDITIONS...This website lists auditions and jobs for all kinds of dance primarily in the San Francisco, California area, however it lists auditions and jobs submitted from other areas.
- SUPERCAST... SuperCast was established in 2001 to assist artistic directors, production managers and casting directors by providing experienced adult and child supernumeraries, actors, extras, dancers and performers. There is no financial obligation for you to become a member of SuperCast's talent roster at this time.
Performances will be listed under the Casting Calls section. Please check back frequently as opportunities will be updated regularly.
- TRIPLE THREAT ENTERTAINMENT
New York Office
140 Broadway, 46th Floor
New York, NY 10005
By appointment only:
Phone: (212) 858-7549
Fax: (212) 858-7750
New England Office
25 Oakley Street
Boston, MA 02124
By appointment only:
Phone: (617) 265-4166
Fax: (617) 265-4233
General Info: email@example.com
Booking Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
TTE has relocated to New York City but still has an office in Massachusetts. They are always looking for male and female dance talent - Jazz, Hiphop and Freestyle. Other dance, acrobatic and theatre skills are a plus. Open Call auditions for representation are held about 2 to 3 times per year in New York and New England. Subscribe to their monthly news letter on the website if you would like to be contacted when these auditions take place. TTE also observes Hip-hop and Jazz classes at: Broadway Dance Center (NYC), Steps on Broadway (NYC), Jeannette Neill Dance Studios (New England) and the Dance Complex (New England). Please contact Auditions@triiiplethreat.com to be observed in a class at one of these facilities.
Tip: Come dressed and ready to audition as if you were performing. You should be showing your whole package.
Posted 02Dec04/updated 20Aug06
- TRINITY REP...Trinity Rep lists auditions in the Providence Journal and on its website. General auditions and auditions for Christmas Carol generally happen in September. Auditions are held both in Providence and in New York. Check the website frequently for specific projects. They do hire dancers preferably with some acting background.
- VEGAS AUDITIONS... No.1 in Las Vegas for entertainment related jobs. And you can be assured of professional quality service because our company has been serving the entertainment industry since 1984. $40 per year.
- VOICE OF DANCE AUDITIONS... Voice of Dance is a hugh website with a section covering auditions, many auditions are posted plus many helpful tips.